bl4 to bl3??

All about Sik's and others's incredible works
newcomer

Message par newcomer »

hi,

and how do i decrypt it?. no, i don't open the file always with the text-editor.

please help me very fast. i can't answer you between 16:00 and 19:00 o clock.

please, please

newcomer :(
Skubidou
Administrateur

Message par Skubidou »

[quote]i think that that is a texture:

oqO8.tn ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
newcomer

Message par newcomer »

hi,

what do you say, that means that there is a texture, but i don't understand how to decrypt the file. can you please expain me this better?

thanks

newcomer
newcomer

Message par newcomer »

but you can explain me what mean that ~ ?

that is the problem, not the descryption method, but the ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

thanks

newcomer

~
Siklist

Message par Siklist »

The matrix has you.

:mdddrrrrr:

ps pour Skubi : pour trouver le ciel, le prog skyedit décrypte le fichier puis cherche la chaine de caractères ASCII "sky" qui existe dans tous les bl4/bl3 avant le bg et avant le ciel. Donc le prog marche pour tous les fichiers.
Skubidou
Administrateur

Message par Skubidou »

Arghhhhhh. Do you understand what a crypting method do with a file? It transform each byte with another byte, using a formula that can be reverse.

For simple example: Imagine you want to crypt a text. As a simple formula, you take the next letter for each caracter (A=>B, B=>C, ...):

Hellway => Ifmmxbz

If you want to decrypt this text, you simply take the letter before (C=>B, B=>A):
Ifmmxbz => Hellway

Here, the Ifmmxbz correspond to your ~
Do you still think that ~ or Ifmmxbz correspond to something understandable without decrypting it first?

And my example is a simple one, but if you take a more complex formula:

If letter position is unpair, you add 1 (A=>B, B=>C)
If letter position is pair, you add 2(A=>C,B=>D)

ABCAB => BDDCC

So here, AB is crypt differently (BD or CC) depending on the position it occupy in the text.

And if you take the crypt chain CDECDE (corresponding to your ~ ~ ), it should be decrypt into BBDACC. So even if in the crypt format, you find a sequence ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ , it doesn't necessary correspond to a sequence when decrypt...

And in some ways, BC (corresponding to ~) give AA, so ~ can give $AB $AB in hexadecimal byte value...

For the texture in oqO8.tn ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Leadbest

Message par Leadbest »

Holy crap dude... This is exactly why I didnt become a programmer. :roll:
Skubidou
Administrateur

Message par Skubidou »

Leadbest a écrit :Holy crap dude... This is exactly why I didnt become a programmer. :roll:

Bah LB, this is a SIMPLE example ;)

Skubidou:~
Leadbest

Message par Leadbest »

Yea I know. Thats what I mean, LOL.
grokon

Message par grokon »

Skubidou a écrit ::mdddrrrrr:

Someone here is a liar....Megapolpod has perhaps lost their e-mail, but has not forget what i answered him about the questions he asked me... And he has answered you very quickly....very strange ;)

Hehe, it is true than 10 minutes is really fast !

And I guess they must be very good friends since they both want to create BL3 .. Hey guys (or I guess guy), just try to do it yourself, and don't bother people who really would like to do something useful for POD.

DERF
grokon

Hey Skub ...

Message par grokon »

let him alons in his crap. He wants BL3 ? Well, he will have to understand them.

I meanas a developper, I hate people just asking everyone for something they should be able to do just by reading docs.

NewComer, you should try BL4 BL4 converter in a Google search ... never know !

DERF
newcomer

Message par newcomer »

hi,

that isn't what i want, i only want the textures of the 32 tracks of bl3. skubi, is that possible, that you can convert please the textures of the tracks and than you can zip than with winzip. i have zipped a 9 MB-file to 768 kb.

please please

newcomer

p.s.you didn't had to explain me the decryption.
Skubidou
Administrateur

Message par Skubidou »

Wait, wait and wait, because i've lost the program used for this. I'm writing a new one (more general), but don't have enough time for now.
Don't ask background of other track, because this exportation is not automatic at this time, and i needed to make some search manually, so i will not extract all background like this.
I'm not against extracting BL3 textures, but i have more important projects and already doesn't have the time needed, so if one day, i have what is necessary to export texture rapidly, i will export them, but i will not lost time only for this purpose.

Communication terminated.
newcomer

Message par newcomer »

hi sik,

i dream to make a reskin on a track. is it possible?

please answer me!

newcomer
Siklist

Message par Siklist »

Why would you do a reskin when you have a tool to build new tracks ?

Sorry I really don't have time to waste on this.

please stop asking.
newcomer

Message par newcomer »

my last question is very easy,

well, i think some tracks look better with the reskin. but when i must import the track i want to reskin :( - that isn't very good. i think so, when i make a reskin, the track looks very better, and why i am to a good grafic on photoshop, i want to use my textures on some pod tracks.

please say me if there is a tool or if someone know, how can i make a reskin!

thanks

newcomer :)
Skubidou
Administrateur

Message par Skubidou »

There was a program to reskin, that does'nt work on every track (beta developper program), and which is not public and will not be.

Moreover, make a reskin with this tool was very difficult, because you were just able to change texture, not the mapping on polygon, so when you change a texture for somewhere, in fact it change the texture on all polygons that use the same textures, and it gives you some problems to be OK in every parts of the tracks. The Sik plugin is really easyer to use than the reskin.

If you are a so good graphic on photoshop and make your own textures, i understand less and less why you want 256 colors BL3 textures.

And if you speak about a BL3 reskin, the reskin program we used in the past only recognise the BL4.

DeltaFX

Message par DeltaFX »

Moreover, make a reskin with this tool was very difficult,
Agreed ! Especially when someone modifies your reskin with stinking buses here and there
( Flywheel :témor: :guns lots of guns: :laser: )
newcomer

Message par newcomer »

hi sik,

when do you want export the textures of the bl3-tracks?
as soon as possible?

:( newcomer
Lazarus
Administrateur

Message par Lazarus »

Répondre