CAN NOT USE GAMEPAD OR JOYSTICK

Every Podheads know the meaning of this section
Répondre
Richard

CAN NOT USE GAMEPAD OR JOYSTICK

Message par Richard »

Greetings, I am unable to setup a Gamepad or joystick in pod. If I go to controls I get both JOY1 and JOY2 highlighted in green. Please see my example: http://www.geocities.com/baltantopps/podcontrols.jpg
If anyone has a solution I would be grateful. Also, it freezes when I try to set the functions (Accelerate).
Thank You
HolgerB

Message par HolgerB »

JOY1 and JOY2 are also highlighted green in my joystick control. The reason for this is that I have two gameports! Gameport 1 is of my Audigy2 soundcard and gameport 2 is of my Terratec ISA soundcard. I bet you have two gameports, too. Maybe there is a sound chip on your motherboard and you have also a "real" soundcard.

You can control this in your Device Manager. Double click “System” in your Control Panel. Then on Hardware, after that on Device Manager. Then double click "Audio, Video and Game Controller". There you should see two gameports.

I suggest that you disable one of them. Obviously they can't get along with each other. It is possible that you have to stick your joystick to the other joystick connector after that , to make it work.

Good luck. :)
Richard

JOYSTICK GAMEPORT NOT WORKING

Message par Richard »

Holgerb, are you running WIN XP P4? I only have one soundcard on this computer. I do not think the motherboard has a soundchip. I plan on adding another sound card (16-bit) to the computer.
Thank You for your reply. :P
HolgerB

Message par HolgerB »

I run POD under Windows XP, but have an Intel Celeron. If I were you, I would check the device manager for gameports. It is possible that you have the same problems with your new soundcard.
Richard

DEVICE MANAGER

Message par Richard »

HolgerB, here is a snapshot of my device manager. Do you see two gameports? I appreciate your help.
http://www.geocities.com/cameldonga/devmanager.jpg
Richard

GAMEPAD CONFIG IN CONTROL PANEL

Message par Richard »

Greetings, here is the gamepad status configuration in control panel. This Gravis is designed to work will all directx games. It will not work with pod. So pod will not recognize Microsoft Sidewinder, or Gravis Gamepad Pro.
Is a pity. I do not understand why? My Gamepad is plugged in USB. When I played pod back in 1997 my gamepad was plugged into the ISA sound card gameport. The newer P4's do not even have ISA slots. Maybe I could edit the UBI.ini file, or patch the game? I intend to add a new 16-bit sound card that will support the old gamepad not USB. However, finding a driver that will work for WIN XP will be very difficult. If anyone can help solve the problem I would appreciate it. :cry:
http://www.geocities.com/beistle1931/gravis.jpg
Freddy

joystick/gamepad

Message par Freddy »

Try setting up both "joy1" and "joy2" regardless if you use the "joy2" or not.

Assign the keyboard for player 2 under "joy2" and you should be able to have your Joystick/gamepad respond to POD. ;)

Post again with your results 8)
Richard

Try setting up both "joy1" and "joy2"

Message par Richard »

Freddy, the game will not allow me to install any controler. It simply does not recognize them. I am trying (desperately) to find out how other pod players have the controller working? USB does not seem to work.
Thank You
Freddy

Gamepad

Message par Freddy »

:arrow: Richard, one question for you: does your gamepad works with other games? or is it just POD?. As far as the freezing goes, I used to get that type of behavior with my Sidewinder too. To make the joystick get past the freeze, I would use the Jstick itself to scroll up and down to make the changes for the buttons instead of the mouse.

:idea: Have you try the "joy-1 and "joy-2" setup? Maybe is worth trying to setup your keyboard for "joy-1" and the gamepad for "joy-2". Just to see if POD accepts your gamepad. Give it a shot, it may work.

Also try getting a racing wheel, they are more practical for the types of tracks that you see in POD. :rob:
Répondre