problem... help please

Every Podheads know the meaning of this section
Répondre
Amazo_Phanto

problem... help please

Message par Amazo_Phanto »

I simply cannot get pod to run (at least playable) on my pc, no matter what i do. If I use directx 5 patch, the game is unplayable due to loss of textures. With the 3dfx exe, it won't start. (Error log: Depth buffer config: Emulate W-buffer
Creating depth buffer OK
Used depth buffer bit depth: 32
Stencil bits: 8
Exception occured in function grBufferSwap
EIP: 1001fa81, DLL Base=10000000
Calling history: grBufferSwap
)
Sometimes, when I start the 3dfx exe, I see the main menu for about 1/2 a second, then I get a black screen. Help please!!!
HolgerB

Message par HolgerB »

What kind of hardware do you have (CPU, graphic adapter etc.)?
Amazo_Phanto

heres the list...

AMD Athlon XP 2200+
Nvidia GeForce 4 MX 420 (64MB)
256MB RAM
What else do I need to think of???
Invité

Message par Invité »

Maybe your problem is the AMD Athlon XP CPU. I read in another forum that a user wasn't able to run POD on his Athlon. You should use the Forcefeedback-Patch.

Another reason could be your operating system. In my experience POD runs much better on Windows XP with dgVoodoo than on Windows 98. So, if you have Windows 98 (or Windows 95) it could be a good solution to install Windows XP additionally.
Amazo_Phanto

i used the forcefeedback patch on both installs but no sucess :( and my pc is running windows xp thats the problem i think actually :x i do have a win 98 pc but its not the main pc for connecting to the internet and i cant change that so...
HolgerB

Message par HolgerB »

Well, I received quite a couple of emails yet, where users weren't able to run POD with dgVoodoo. This glide wrapper is no "cure for all diseases". In some cases it works, in other not. This depends on the hardware, operating system and a proper installation of POD.

Sometimes it is even enough to activate the compatibility mode for Windows 95. Or you have to change some settings of dgVoodoo with the dgVoodooSetup.exe. Another possibility is to change settings of the driver of your graphic adapter.

But if all of that doesn't help and you are a real POD fan, you should think of buying other computer components. For example, since there might be troubles with AMD processors, you could buy an Intel CPU. Or you could buy another graphic card, for example a Geforce 4 Ti 4200 or Geforce 5.

Another possibility could be, to buy a Voodoo2 and plug it in a free PCI slot. With that card you wouldn't need a glide wrapper like dgVoodoo.

Regards,
Holger
Krashtest

Message par Krashtest »

I use an old Voodoo² on my Windows 2000 system and it works great.
I'm playing in 800x600 with perfect speed.
Richard

POD on WIN 2000?

Message par Richard »

Krashtest, I tried to install pod on WIN 2000 and it will not work because WIN 2000 does not have compatability mode. How did you install it?
Thank You
Krashtest

Message par Krashtest »

I just follow the instructions on this page ...

http://hbredel.bei.t-online.de/POD/POD- ... glish.html
Amazo_Phanto

looks like i have given up trying to get it running... i wont be able to play online but i do have another pc that has a powervr card that im using for pod and it works great :)
Amazo_Phanto

well... that other pc screwed up last night... i get a really weird screen with horizontal and vertical lines everywhere- i think its the anti-alaising byt can't find any way to fix it. (Hercules 3d prophet 4500 with powervr kyro processor+ 24mb memory, Windows 98)
Répondre