In Search of.....

Why do I write this now ?
Répondre
Freddy

In Search of.....

Message par Freddy »

Missing 2.5-3 Million Poddies

So far there is no scientific proof that these many Poddies have ever existed. :glandhal:

Could this be just another Greek myth? Impossible to have this many Poddies disappear in such a short time (7 years). :roll:

This has to be one of those mysteries that will never be solved. It falls in the same category as the "Great Pyramids of Egypt". Who built them? :ennehal: We can only speculate...

:keskidi: Unless......

Just POnDering again....
Dfg

eheh freddy

Message par Dfg »

yeah I read on the box that there where 3 millions players online ... :D

They must be hiding somewhere deep inside ubisoft servers ....
Leadbest

Message par Leadbest »

That 3 million number came from me.

I used 2.99 million alias on the server, which left .01 million slots for all of you guys.

Honest.

In all seriousness, the most I ever saw was 70 at one time.
Vortex

Message par Vortex »

Maybe they meant 3 million accounts were created or maybe (an the most likely), they just counted the number of times people logged onto the GS ;-) That should be about 3 mill ;-)
grokon

Hehe ...

Message par grokon »

It was on the number of sold CDs ...

Anyway, it is true that I can remember the GS1, with 40 people in the Paris Arena, 15 in the Milano one ... Damn good times (was it Paris Arena ? I just cant remember !)

DERF
Skubidou
Administrateur

Message par Skubidou »

Hehe, and 2 or 3 poeple in the Benelux arena.....chating in secret ;)

For the 3 millions CD sold:
- Many CD gave with MMX processors, and many in society => CD were never used.
- Many poeple didn't have internet in 1997, and they played only with their CD, without knowing about the community, the new track, the GS. They have finish the game like others, and put it in the 'finished' game.
- How many poeple have received Pod Bundle, then baught Pod (2_0), then PodGold and Pod-Add on??? How many officials CD do you have baught?
- How many CD has been distribute to shops in the world, without having been sold? They have been count in the 3 millions. In 2002, i found a original Pod CD in a store...

Skubidou:~
Vortex

Message par Vortex »

LOL, haven't we already had this discussion a while ago ;-)

http://crapiz.free.fr/pod/viewtopic.php ... sc&start=0
Swift

Message par Swift »

I could not even begin to count the number of aliases Leadbest used on the GS. But then we all had multiple aliases we used. I know I used at least 10 different ones.

LB if you get a chance drop into the irc channel this weekend, missed you last time you came to visit by 5 minutes.
Vortex

Message par Vortex »

Hehe, yeah. I remember when Leadbest secretly joined the Vigilantes under the name Heavy++. I can't quite remember who we were racing against, but it only took about 3 or 4 races until Rince figured out who he was, hehe.
Freddy

Message par Freddy »

Leadbest a écrit :That 3 million number came from me.

I used 2.99 million alias on the server, which left .01 million slots for all of you guys.
:ACDC: LB This makes you Secret agent "Johnny English"

Skubidou a écrit :Hehe, and 2 or 3 poeple in the Benelux arena.....chating in secret ;)
For the 3 millions CD sold:
- Many CD gave with MMX processors, and many in society => CD were never used.
- Many poeple didn't have internet in 1997, and they played only with their CD, without knowing about the community, the new track, the GS. They have finish the game like others, and put it in the 'finished' game.
- How many poeple have received Pod Bundle, then baught Pod (2_0), then PodGold and Pod-Add on??? How many officials CD do you have baught?
- How many CD has been distribute to shops in the world, without having been sold? They have been count in the 3 millions. In 2002, i found a original Pod CD in a store...

Skubidou:~
:dechire: Sku, this makes you the lead "investigator"

Vortex a écrit :LOL, haven't we already had this discussion a while ago ;-)
:LOL: Isn't this a lot of fun?:klonk:

:keskidi: I believe they probably became a secret society and are living among us, without our knowledge.

:smith: We are the real true Poddies....... :smith:
Freddy

Message par Freddy »

I a écrit :I believe they probably became a secret society and are living among us, without our knowledge.
Vortex, I was right about this. :glandhal:

I checked out your website and noticed that you were in NYC this past summer, We probably crossed each other's path :gump:

I saw the picture of the hotel by Central Park on 59th street :smith:

I work in that new building "AOL-Time Warner" that is being built on 59th and 8th :trink:

Lots of luck with your studies :D
Freddy

Message par Freddy »

:Relax:
Répondre