POD CD Patcher Extra

Every Podheads know the meaning of this section
Répondre
Richard

POD CD Patcher Extra

Message par Richard »

Greetings fellow Racers, I fixed my distorted images running pod by selecting emulate W-buffering. This corrected the distorted images.
Here are the settings for dgvoodoo:
http://www.geocities.com/baltantopps/dg ... gsbest.jpg
I also need some help adding additional cars and tracks. I downloaded the cdpatcher2.exe utility. It will not allow me to add in new cards and tracks. Here is the screenshot of the utility.
http://www.geocities.com/baltantopps/cd ... tility.jpg
You can see that it sees the new data but it will not let me select it.
If I can not get this utility to work how can I add new cars and tracks?
I would appreciate any help.
Thank You
Freddy

CD Patcher

Message par Freddy »

:arrow: If you highlight it. the "preview data and prepare installation" buttons should turn blue. I suggest you put the the CD patcher and the extracted cars/tracks folders in a same "new folder" without any other files.

:arrow: Also when extracting to this new folder that you'll create make sure the only one "circuits" folder gets created and not have a "circuit" folder within a "circuit" folder. Hope this helps.
Richard

POD CD PATCHER INSTALL

Message par Richard »

Freddy, I tried what you recommend and still the cd patcher will not allow me to add more cars or tracks. I creadted a cd patcher folder and extracted the cdpatcher.exe program here. Then I extracted my new track to this folder. When I start the cdpatcher program it sees the new data but will not even allow me to preview it. Could it be because the program was patched (pod)? Or maybe something really stupid is wrong. I upgraded my winzip to version 9.0. Maybe this is the problem? It does extract with no problem. Guess I am grasping at straws. Does anyone else have this cdpatcher program working with win XP on a P4?
Any tips help would be appreciated.
Thank You
Bandie

Message par Bandie »

Hi Richard, i install in taht way. Maybe it can help you:
1. download the zip file of a track
2. unzip all files in the pod directory for circuits
for examole c:\pod\circuits\
3. put the cdpatcher2 into pod main directory c:\pod\
4. quit pod
5. start cd patcher2
6. select tracks 'new proposed data'
7. the new track should be listed now!
8. click on preview, preinstallation, installnewdata
9. rdy

btw: cars can be added on the same way
only diference: use the car directory to save data for example c:\pod\voitures\

Try this procedure, i hope it can help...

best regards, Bandie
Richard

CDPATCHER INSTALL CAR & TRACKS

Message par Richard »

Bandie, I tried your method and I still can not install the cars and tracks.
I extracted the cdpatcher to the c:\ubisoft\pod2 directory. Them I unzipped the new track to the same folder as the cdpatched with -d option.

Here is my information:
http://www.geocities.com/baltantopps/circuits.jpg
What could the problem be?
Thank You
Richard

POD CD PATCHER

Message par Richard »

Bandie, I finally solved the problem with the cdpatcher. I had to select win95 compatability mode for the cdpatcher program to run correctly.
I knew it was something simple like that. Thank you for your help. I appreciate it. Now I just have to find a gamepad or joystick that will work with pod on P4 running WIN XP. I have a Microsoft Side Winder but it will not let me configure it. Does not like it for some reason.
Thanks
Répondre