playing pod on newer PCs under WinXP

Every Podheads know the meaning of this section
Amazo_Phanto

Message par Amazo_Phanto »

or does anyone else have some ideas as to what the problem is? i tried the :beta: of the new version but still crashed :?
Invité

Message par Invité »

Could it be that you have an ATI card? I read in another forum that someone had problems with his 9700 Pro in POD.

Regards,
Holger
Amazo_Phanto

Message par Amazo_Phanto »

no, i think its an nVidia Geforce 4 :?
Bandie

Message par Bandie »

..the following worked for me:
Change the grafic setting from 32bit to 16 bit.
POD just runs in 16bit mode !
regards, Bandie
Skubidu

Message par Skubidu »

Hi Bandie,

i hope that dege can get the lensflare work, i will play all new track of pod, but with lensflare

regrads

Skubidu
Bandie

Message par Bandie »

Hi Skubidu, so you wait with playing until lens flare is ready, or it already works on your PC?
regards, Bandie
Skubidou
Administrateur

Message par Skubidou »

Skubidu a écrit :Hi Bandie,

i hope that dege can get the lensflare work, i will play all new track of pod, but with lensflare

regrads

Skubidu
LOL, What is it for a pseudo? :lol:

For me i still didn't had time to test the wrapper :cry:

Skubidou:~
Skubidu

Message par Skubidu »

Hi Bandie,

i played recently the pod testtrack and i found none lensflare in the clouds, with my old voodoo card, i see it with (all) tracks. I like the lensflare and i hope that dege gets the lensflare in the wrapper work

regards

Skubidu
Richard

POD INSTALLED ON P4 Running WIN XP

Message par Richard »

Greetings fellow racers, I have installed pod successfully following these instructions:http://home.t-online.de/home/hbredel/PO ... glish.html
However, it still would not run at first. I had to tweak the settings of my video card under advanced properties. It would not run with Adjust Z-buffer depth to rendering depth if unequal under Direct 3D settings. Also had to change some settings under Open GL Force 16 bit color depth and always use 16bpp for Default color depth for textures. This did the trick.
Also, when using the cdpatcher program to add cars & tracks you must select WIN 95 Compatability mode for this program to work correctly.
Now, if anyone can tell me what gamepad or joystick will work well for pod on P4 running WIN XP? ;)
Répondre