bl4 to bl3??

All about Sik's and others's incredible works
Répondre
newcomer

bl4 to bl3??

Message par newcomer »

hallo,

I need help for my best friend, because he had no Internet. he can play pod only in bl3, and he want to play my self-made track. (my track is in bl4) he has unsed all patches from the ubi-site, but always get error. is there a chance for him my bl4-track on his computer :?:

can someone help me?

it would be very nice

newcomer
grokon

Well

Message par grokon »

well, I would suggest to burn a CD with the D3D5 patches, well, all the stuff that is explained in the "How to install POD" section of this Forum ... well maybe in the French forum :)

Using BL3 is really a pain ... but if you want to use BL4, you will also need either a recent 3D board (with 3D acceleration), either a 3Dfx ...

DERF
Lazarus
Administrateur

Re: Well

Message par Lazarus »

grokon a écrit : Using BL3 is really a pain ... but if you want to use BL4, you will also need either a recent 3D board (with 3D acceleration), either a 3Dfx ...
DERF
Recent 3D Board ? Ahahahahh ;-)
I played pod in D3D5 5 years ago... and for computers, 5 years is already another age ! ;-)
grokon

Well

Message par grokon »

I just meant that my old ATI Xpert@Work did not have those 3D facilities ... and well, it is just 56 years old :) 3Dfx were really needed at that time :)

DERF
newcomer

Message par newcomer »

hallo,

i tell my friend what you say. he say he will not play bl4, because he like bl3 and he say to, that to me i had to chance the background in my track. he will see the background of veitland.bl3, but that's a big problem. on witnessteam's site there are only the textures of bl4. in the veitland bl3, who i played lots of years, the background look's very better than in bl4. does everyone know if it is possible to export the background of veitland.bl3 in a 256-bmp.

i need your help.

waiting for your solution

newcomer :?
Leadbest

Message par Leadbest »

Well first of all, all images in POD are .tga format, and all of these are available at witnessteams website.

Second, If he wont play with Bl4 hes missing out.

Third, why the hell do you keep coming back here with a different name each week? Do you think your going to get a different answer?
newcomer

Message par newcomer »

Leadbest a écrit :Third, why the hell do you keep coming back here with a different name each week? Do you think your going to get a different answer?
what, i am my first day on forum and you say i coming back every week with an other name.

explain me that

newcomer
Lazarus
Administrateur

hehe

Message par Lazarus »

Maybe just using the same translator, LB ;-)
Siklist

Message par Siklist »

what, i am my first day on forum and you say i coming back every week with an other name.
explain me that
mmmh I don't think this is your first day here cause you said in your first post that you had a "self-made track"... Therefore I assume you used some tools to achieve this and these tools are only available here :keskidi:
Freddy

Message par Freddy »

newcomer a écrit : in the veitland bl3, who i played lots of years, the background look's very better than in bl4.
8) I think your friend is talking about not being able to see the sun flare, Am I wrong on that?. I experienced the same problem long time ago, so I installed Voodoo2 to boost the textures and then I switched to a V5 card altogether.

The problem is within the type of 3D card he might be using which I suspect is not a 3DFX. :Sikliiissstttt: When you update to BL4 format using the 24mb patches the textures get a little degraded. If he switches to a 3DFX card the background will remain very sharp if not better.

:idea: I guess your friend's choice or (yours) is to get at least a Voodoo2 to boost the textures.

:glandhal: The questions to your friend or you shall be: Does he want nice looking backgrounds with old BL3 format and very few tracks? Does he really want to miss racing all those tracks that run on BL4? And also future tracks?.

:keskidi: I'm wondering one thing. What does not having "Internet" have anything to do with? Be a good friend and just burn a CD for your friend as suggested by Grokon.
oldcomer (Week 5 Nov 03)

Message par oldcomer (Week 5 Nov 03) »

Hallo (y a quelqu'un au bout du fil? ;) ),

I need help for my worst friend, because he has a 2400bps modem. he cannot play pod, even with BL0 files, and want to play my track(my track is actually only in my head). He has try all patches from ubi-site, but always get the same error when he launch them (no pod program found). Is there a chance to connect his joystick on my head to play my track :?:

Can someone help me (oops, can someone help my friend ;) )

oldcomer (Week 5 Niv 03):~
newcomer

Message par newcomer »

Freddy a écrit :
newcomer a écrit : in the veitland bl3, who i played lots of years, the background look's very better than in bl4.
8) I think your friend is talking about not being able to see the sun flare, Am I wrong on that?. I experienced the same problem long time ago, so I installed Voodoo2 to boost the textures and then I switched to a V5 card altogether.

The problem is within the type of 3D card he might be using which I suspect is not a 3DFX. :Sikliiissstttt: When you update to BL4 format using the 24mb patches the textures get a little degraded. If he switches to a 3DFX card the background will remain very sharp if not better.

:idea: I guess your friend's choice or (yours) is to get at least a Voodoo2 to boost the textures.

:glandhal: The questions to your friend or you shall be: Does he want nice looking backgrounds with old BL3 format and very few tracks? Does he really want to miss racing all those tracks that run on BL4? And also future tracks?.

:keskidi: I'm wondering one thing. What does not having "Internet" have anything to do with? Be a good friend and just burn a CD for your friend as suggested by Grokon.
first to you oldcomer 8) , i have ask the same in an other topic, look at that!

and now to you leadbest, i will not say, that i like bl3 but when i play with my friend pod at his pc with bl3 especially on veitland the background have a better transistation to black, and to the sky, it has a white transistation. look at the track forest at qballs page, forest have been convert in bl4, can you explain me, how to export the cool background of the bl3-track

please answer very quickly

newcomer :(
newcomer

Message par newcomer »

Siklist a écrit :
explain me that
mmmh I don't think this is your first day here cause you said in your first post that you had a "self-made track"... Therefore I assume you used some tools to achieve this and these tools are only available here :keskidi:
ok sik,

my first visit to that forum was last sunday, i was on bandies forum and have read topic "frensh forum" than i go to this forum and had read something about an bl4-exporter, than i have download it, it's a great tool, to make a pod track! :P thank's for making it for podies! ;)

newcomer :-)
Skubidou
Administrateur

Message par Skubidou »

newcomer a écrit :i have ask the same in an other topic, look at that!
:?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

How to ask it in another topic if you post for the first time :?:

forest have been convert in bl4, can you explain me
Yes, Yes :D I've use a Hexa editor and some delphi line code, that's all :mrgreen:
how to export the cool background of the bl3-track
Wait, wait and wait, because i've lost the program used for this. I'm writing a new one (more general), but don't have enough time for now.

Skubidou:~
Skubidou
Administrateur

Message par Skubidou »

newcomer a écrit :than i have download it, it's a great tool, to make a pod track! :P thank's for making it for podies! ;)
Hehe, Sik, c'est bien le premier qui réussit à créer un circuit après 5 jours d'utilisation du plugin ;)

Invité

Message par Invité »

Skubidou a écrit :
newcomer a écrit :i have ask the same in an other topic, look at that!
:?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

How to ask it in another topic if you post for the first time :?:

forest have been convert in bl4, can you explain me
Yes, Yes :D I've use a Hexa editor and some delphi line code, that's all :mrgreen:
how to export the cool background of the bl3-track
Wait, wait and wait, because i've lost the program used for this. I'm writing a new one (more general), but don't have enough time for now.

:arrow: hi skubidou, i mean, that i have asked the same in an other topic!

if you can say me if this program, that you have used is ready, it would be nice when you inform me! i am waiting with my friend for that some years now, we have tested very much to make a program to convert bl3 to bl4 tracks, but there are always errors

with the other program, i don't have hasty. when you make it then, it would be nice, it you say me that in a topic.
I would be pleased really much

newcomer :fumette:
newcomer

Message par newcomer »

hi to all,

i have forgotten to write my name in the last answer. please don't angry

newcomer
Skubidou
Administrateur

Message par Skubidou »

Veitland BL3:

TGA File: http://skubidou.free.fr/Grouik/VeitlandBL3.TGA

Veitland BL4:

TGA File: http://skubidou.free.fr/Grouik/VeitlandBL4.TGA

You said that you find BL3 background better than the BL4 one? Beuark :wc:

I hope i haven't made error in my program (first export of the BL3 gave me a blue mountain, i had inverse Red and Blue :cry: )

P.S.: Don't ask background of other track, because this exportation is not automatic at this time, and i needed to make some search manually, so i will not extract all background like this.
newcomer

Message par newcomer »

hi skubi,

thanks for the background, i will use it soon. how have you this, i have write a program to find a palett, because i don't find a palett. if it possible, that you can say me some more about the program, that were really nice (internet destination)

thanks

newcomer
newcomer

Message par newcomer »

don't be angry if i say that now:

first: bl3 tracks have the same solution than bl4 tracks, the background have a solution of 64 x 1024 pixel. can you please export it to this format, because i dont can use the other background.

:| newcomer
Répondre