bl4 to bl3??

All about Sik's and others's incredible works
Skubidou
Administrateur

Message par Skubidou »

newcomer a écrit :bl3 tracks have the same solution than bl4 tracks, the background have a solution of 64 x 1024 pixel. can you please export it to this format, because i dont can use the other background.
Simply use a graphic tools (even microsoft paint can do this) and cut and paste the 256*256 in a 64*1024 if you need it. This is not difficult, so i will not make your work cutting and past...
how have you this, i have write a program to find a palett, because i don't find a palett. if it possible, that you can say me some more about the program, that were really nice (internet destination)
Some have self-made track for themselve, i have my self-made program for myself.

Skubidou:~

P.S.: And don't ask me why i don't give source file to public. Ask megapolpod, i already answer him 1 year ago.
newcomer

Message par newcomer »

hi skubi,

can you give me please some hints to read a bl3-file. (not the source) is there a palett or a colour index.

please say me something

:( newcomer
Skubidou
Administrateur

Message par Skubidou »

As said before, juste ask megapolpod (megapolpod@aol.com) i gave him 1 year ago all the answers i can give. And moreover, he also like differents skies, backgrounds, ...

The only thing i can say you is that i would not have take time to convert the image in 256 palette colors if it would have been in true color in the BL3.

newcomer

Message par newcomer »

hi,

i write to megapolpod, he say me, that he have lost the e-mail. he say too, that he want to develop a program to read bl3, but he don't know how to begin. i have say him he should write to you, because you are an expert who don't want to give any sources to public. look at sik, he writes more than 2 jears or more on his export and he do it to the public.

:arrow: newcomer
Skubidou
Administrateur

Message par Skubidou »

:mdddrrrrr:

Someone here is a liar....Megapolpod has perhaps lost their e-mail, but has not forget what i answered him about the questions he asked me... And he has answered you very quickly....very strange ;)

For Sik, he has release a plugin to make new track, he doesn't have release sources or informations about the BL3 or BL4. I have already release:
- A tool to read and export ghosts to Max or autocad
- All original tracks exported in DWG
- All original textures from BL4
- Conversion of Alderon OEM
- Conversion of Forest

As our goal is to keep Pod living, we focused on new tracks, ... and we gave all needed informations or program for that. I don't see the need to allow someone modifying already released track or something else, so i will not give information about that.

If my answer doesn't correspond to what you were waiting for, take another pseudo (next week) and try again...you will perhaps have....the same answer.

Siklist

Message par Siklist »

Well, the fact is I don't care anymore about bl4 stuff.
But when I released the bl4exp, it wasn't public. I gave it to those who intended to create new pod tracks (and that is the only purpose of this plugin) and I expected these people to tell me before redistributing my work.

Finally, programs I released (bl4exp, skyedit, bl4viewer) are user tools. What you're asking from Skubidou is programmer tools. You should know that like him, I never released publicy either such things or source codes.
newcomer

Message par newcomer »

well, i don't ask him for the sources, i am only intrested on that program to convert bl3 to bl4. more not. but he says me, i had to ask megapolpod, because he intresting for the same. now i ask you, why does he don't want to say me something selve. he could say me that the tools arent public, but he can give hints and tips

:x newcomer
DeltaFX

Message par DeltaFX »

pffff Veitland ! LOL Race Colony instead : sky & Bg are well much more...
Skubidou
Administrateur

Message par Skubidou »

You want hints?

BL3 To BL4:

Convert 256 colors palette indexed textures from BL3 to 16Bits textures for BL4
Reduce 256*256 object texture from BL3 to 128*128 for BL4 (if i remember well and perhaps also sky and anims? I don't remember)
Add lens flare texture
Add 3Dfx mirror effect to polygons
Correct Header
Crypt

You have a BL4

If you don't know how to make one of this line, this is not hints and tips anymore, but file information, and that part will not be give.

I don't have anymore the program i made to convert Forest, and more over, it was specially written for Forest, so it would not work with other bl3

Vortex

Message par Vortex »

lol, interesting discussion ;-)
Skubidou
Administrateur

Message par Skubidou »

Vortex a écrit :lol, interesting discussion ;-)
You find? ;) More than 1 year i try to explain megapolpod that a BL4 will not become a BL3 simply by rename it. That the BL4, even after removing security, is not a DXF, MAX, TGA or BMP, but a proprietary format created BY ubisoft FOR pod, and that the difference between a BL3 and a BL4 is not simply the number of colors in the textures....

newcomer

Message par newcomer »

my last question is easy, how can i convert the 256 color palett, and then get the textures?

:lol: newcomer
Skubidou
Administrateur

Message par Skubidou »

newcomer a écrit :my last question is easy
Sorry, but i don't understand it....

How to convert a palette into a texture??? It's impossible since it doesn't reflect the same thing....

newcomer

Message par newcomer »

hi,

i want to export the textures from every track in bl3 format. can everyone help me?

thanks

newcomer
Skubidou
Administrateur

Message par Skubidou »

herbegin :mdddrrrrr: You forgot to change your pseudo ;)

If you know how to decrypt BL3 and where exactly begin the texture, it's really easy, you juste have to write a TGA Header (or take the 18 first bytes of the TGA i gave you) in a binary file, copy the palette from the BL3 to the TGA binary file (Byte by Byte), and then copy the texture index (Byte by Byte). You will juste notice something strange in the TGA, but that can be corrected easilly with a graphic tool.

newcomer

Message par newcomer »

hi,

were can i find the palett in the bl3?

thanks

newcomer
Skubidou
Administrateur

Message par Skubidou »

I could not answer you about this question, simply because the position of the palette is not fixed. The background texture for example (palette and indexed texture), is after the track, the objects, the animations, .... So it's place depend on the track and is not at THIS ADDRESS. This is why i told you that exportation of Veitland background was manual (except the byte copying explained) and that i could not export all tracks. I needed to search manually the start address in a hexa editor, and found it because i know the all parts of the format needed to find it and have some developper tools to help finding it. And the parts of the format needed are in the parts of information i will not give.

I don't know how the skyedit from Sik works. If it works only on new tracks (made with bl4exp), it's possible to be 'automatic', because there are no anims, and we have still some problème to find the real format of anims, so i'm not able at this time to create a tool that goes automatically to background...on every track.

Skubidou who still does not understand why to export theses awfull BL3 textures:~
newcomer

Message par newcomer »

hi,

do you know that the skyedit works also with bl3? As i want to see the background in plant21 i see it. it works well.

i know some about bl3-files:

the header
the textures with positions
the 3d-modell
the background
the sky
the car positions

but i don't know what the ~ know in the file.

i need your help

newcomer :(
newcomer

Message par newcomer »

look at this header of veitland.bl3

~Ï t N öu ½Ó î4 l» Ã. ˆ˜ á— =– }  J Š uÞÐÓÑ
Skubidou
Administrateur

Message par Skubidou »

:crazy: :guns lots of guns:

Having this or having nothing is the same...

Do you always look a binary file with a text editor :?: :cry:

THE FILE IS A BINARY FILE (not readable with a text editor) AND IS CRYPT (not readable without decrypting it).

If you really want to know, the palette of the background of Veitland.bl3 (my version, i don't know if there are different version of this file, as explained in another threaD ;) ), is at address $000F06E4. If you don't understand what represent this hexadecimal number, i can't help you.

Répondre