hi podies,

i found a pic on the ubisoft page where i don't know witch track is that

here is the image:

help, because i want to drive on that track

belt44 :?:
noirdemars

Message par noirdemars »

Hi!
I tried to go to the website where you found it but I was unable to open the page...
It seems to have buildings in the background.(?)
I can't help you but I'll be happy if somebody here could explain that!
But I'm afraid all the existing tracks are already known by us...
Perhaps an aborted project...Like POD2 :keskidi: .
Skubidou
Administrateur

Message par Skubidou »

Ced,

http://www.ubisoft.de/produkte/pod/

I think this could be 'mine', a pre-version, the phantom version with a sky...or a lost project.

Sorry Ced, but all tracks has not been released...

Go to the QBall track page
http://63.202.139.177:8321/pod/tracks.html
And look the last track (lower right corner)...

Skubidou:~
Invité

Message par Invité »

hi skoubidou, :?

do you mean motox? that is top secret. it should be non released. where can i get now this track?

belt44
belt44

pompeii with red sky?

Message par belt44 »

hi skoubidou,

i found a screenshot from pompeii, but it have a red sky, is that a unreleased track to, how motox?

the red sky looks better than the blue sky, and to the other track why do ubisoft a screenshot on his homepage, from a track who isn't released?

belt44 :?:
Vortex

Message par Vortex »

it's ubisoft, don't ask, lol ;-)
Skubidou
Administrateur

Message par Skubidou »

I think this tracks are pre-release tracks screenshots, or perhaps OEM version (should ask to someone who used the oem version if the sky of Pompeii was red). They made theses screenshots for the launching of the game (for the first demo which contained only Beltane and Alderon), so other tracks were still in development, and they perhaps prefered Pompeii with another Sky for the final release. For the first image, i said it coulb be Mine because of the 'black tower' in the background, that is similar to the colored tower in Mine, and wall textures also correspond to colors used in Mine. But Mine has been released several month later, so the track has certainly changed, the tower was colored, ... and it gave a final track. In this case, the beta version is not avalaible anymore.

For Motox, it's different. Motox was still in Beta version when Snake stops working on it. It's was not an Ubisoft project (not completely). I know that there is somewhere a BL3, because in the past, a screenshot appeared on QBall or somewhere else, but will it be released one day???? It's actually not avalaible, that's the only thing i could say for this time.

belt44

Message par belt44 »

Skubidou a écrit :I think this tracks are pre-release tracks screenshots, or perhaps OEM version (should ask to someone who used the oem version if the sky of Pompeii was red). They made theses screenshots for the launching of the game (for the first demo which contained only Beltane and Alderon), so other tracks were still in development, and they perhaps prefered Pompeii with another Sky for the final release. For the first image, i said it coulb be Mine because of the 'black tower' in the background, that is similar to the colored tower in Mine, and wall textures also correspond to colors used in Mine. But Mine has been released several month later, so the track has certainly changed, the tower was colored, ... and it gave a final track. In this case, the beta version is not avalaible anymore.

For Motox, it's different. Motox was still in Beta version when Snake stops working on it. It's was not an Ubisoft project (not completely). I know that there is somewhere a BL3, because in the past, a screenshot appeared on QBall or somewhere else, but will it be released one day???? It's actually not avalaible, that's the only thing i could say for this time.

ok, skubidou,

you could have right. i have look at mine. that is the road. and what is with downtown. is there a 2 versions. look at topic downtown

thanks

belt44
Skubidou
Administrateur

Message par Skubidou »

Here are the screenshots of Motox:

QBall Old news, October 97 (but URL has to be corrected, they still go to qball.simplenet.com)

And here are the screenshots of Mine with a Sky

QBall Old news, June 97

But as said by Vortex in the other threat about Downtown, who cares, this is only a Sky...

Don't take attention for special screenshot you should find on Ubisoft or QBall Web pages. They had 'special' contact with developpers (for Ubisoft website, it's normal ;) ) and received special screenshots or pre-release tracks screenshots from them, to announce futur tracks, or some jokes. So you will find screenshots from tracks that has never been released (like appearing on the screenshots), and theses beta, pre-tracks, ... has been deleted. You will not find them anymore.

Skubidou
Administrateur

Message par Skubidou »

And to be complete, there were also different released track versions, with really minor changes (not seen by the user), except somes to correct bug (CP) or use different texture. Here is the list i have:

Alderon: 2 versions (Pod and PodGold)
Azthec: 2 versions (Web download and PodGold)
Babelweb: 2 versions (Web download and PodGold)
Bank: 2 versions (Pod and PodGold)
Beach: 2 versions (from Web. CP bug correction)
Beltane: 2 versions (Pod and PodGold)
Burrow: 2 versions (Pod and PodGold, 1 texture changed)
Canyon: 2 versions (Pod and PodGold)
Cocoon: 2 versions (Pod and PodGold)
Downtown: 2 versions (Pod and PodGold)
Factory: 2 versions (Web download and PodGold)
Fallen: several versions (different version, CP bug corrected)
Galleria: 2 versions (Pod and PodGold)
Hq: 2 versions (Pod and PodGold)
Lake: 2 versions (Web download and PodGold)
Loon: 2 versions (Web download and PodGold)
Magnetic: 2 versions (Web download and PodGold)
Megapol: 2 versions (Web download and PodGold)
Mine: 3 versions (2 Web download and PodGold)
Nuke: 2 versions (Pod and PodGold)
Parking: 3 versions (2 Web download and PodGold)
Pipeline: 2 versions (Web download and PodGold)
Plant21: 2 versions (Pod and PodGold)
Pompeii: 2 versions (Pod and PodGold)
Road70: 3 versions (2 Web download and PodGold)
Roc: 2 versions (Pod and PodGold)
Sewer: 2 versions (Pod and PodGold)
Special: several (2 Web download and different reskins)
Spin: 2 versions (Web download and PodGold)
Veitland: 2 versions (Pod and PodGold)
West: 2 versions (Web download and PodGold)
Zed: 3 versions (2 Web download and PodGold)

And i have certainly not all versions avalaible...

For Cars:
Alien: 2 versions
Ed: 2 versions (beta and final)
Stinger: 2 versions (beta and final)
Locust: 2 BL3 versions (color bug in the first one)
Banana: cheated beta car
Crow: 2 version (final and reskin)

belt44

Message par belt44 »

hi skubidou,

i have download 3dfxfiles from qballs page. i play downtown and there is the yellow sky. why does it so? my older version was with blue sky and that is with red sky why?

belt44 :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:
Skubidou
Administrateur

Message par Skubidou »

Because like said in the list, there are some difference between Web download tracks (QBall, ...) and PodGold tracks, or D3D 24Mb patch. So the sky can be the difference, i don't have tried. But Why???? Ask Ubi, not me.

Skubidou
Administrateur

Message par Skubidou »

Some infos found on QBall that could explain different released version (between Pod or Web and PodGold):
This is rumor control ... Problem of Motorcyles not pitting correctly may be due to the Center of Gravity being alot lower on the cycles and that the pits don't extend down past the ground. You might see the pits work with the cycles when flying in the air over them or when in a steep turn which lets the Center of Gravity be above the ground. Then again this might be total BS. You decide. UBI may release new versions of these tracks which correct this problem with the Pod Addon and Pod Gold. They might even allow people do download new versions of the tracks. This would include many of the original tracks numbered 1 - 16. This is rumor control...
QBall Old news, November 97

jeriqo

Message par jeriqo »

Et il y a aussi tous les circuits de pod 1_0 qui sont différents de ceux de pod 2_0.
Je me rappelle notamment de pompei qui avait un gros trou, juste apres le depart. Globalement les circuits ont été rendus plus simple, il serait peut etre intéressant (si techniquement faisable) de récupérer ces circuits dans la version actuelle de pod :-)

--
jeriqo aka Alex(PB)
Lazarus
Administrateur

yup

Message par Lazarus »

Already done actually.

I don't remember where you can get it, but the OEM tracks have been converted so that one can install it independently of the 'newest' version.
jeriqo

Message par jeriqo »

jeriqo a écrit :Et il y a aussi tous les circuits de pod 1_0 qui sont différents de ceux de pod 2_0.
Je me rappelle notamment de pompei qui avait un gros trou, juste apres le depart. Globalement les circuits ont été rendus plus simple, il serait peut etre intéressant (si techniquement faisable) de récupérer ces circuits dans la version actuelle de pod :-)
Oops, la réponse à ma proposition se trouve dans un autre thread :-)

--
jeriqo aka Alex(PB)
jeriqo

Message par jeriqo »

jeriqo a écrit :
jeriqo a écrit :Et il y a aussi tous les circuits de pod 1_0 qui sont différents de ceux de pod 2_0.
Oops, la réponse à ma proposition se trouve dans un autre thread :-)
And I answered in French in an English forum.. sorry again. :GO:

--
jeriqo aka Alex(PB)
Répondre