Proposed Track

All about Sik's and others's incredible works
Leadbest

Message par Leadbest »

LOL. Algor, dont worry. The new track is under development, but it will take longer because I am starting the new job. Dont hate Skubidou. ( I know your dont anyway :) ) He is only trying to help me to do these tracks the right way. I tend to hurry too much. I learned some hard lessons with Forgetit, and I want to try to make sure I dont repeat them.

The way I see it, there are maybe 25 or so players still interested in POD.

Only a few still dedicate their lives to making ghosts, LOL.

Of those few, some wont like the new tracks. (Hard to believe, but I still havent raced reverse Spin or reverse Magnetic more than a few times. I havent even tried reverse Babelweb, I guess you know what I think of that track)

There are a lot of sections I really like, so you are seeing them in the tracks. It IS IMPOSSIBLE to create tracks like this without a TON of editing. Most of the time, I merge 2-5 tracks, seperate them from each other, and try to envision how they could be joined. The result is usually something like Forgeitit, or the new track I am making.

You dont really think I know what its going to look like before I start, do you? LOL I am not that gifted. The only REAL planning on my part, is figuring out which tracks to load up and tear apart, hehe. I do, however, try to use the difficult sections.

Creation is very difficult for me. Having all the track parts on one screen makes it a lot easier. The hardest part is figuring out where to split the pieces, so I can glue them back together again.

The next hardest part is keeping the track flowing, so you dont come to a place and say, "Fuck, this is stupid"! (I dont mind if you swear, I just dont want you to think its stupid, HEHEHE)
This is why you see some long straights, or an easy corner or two.

Nobody wants to race a track made entirely of impossible shortcuts. (Well, maybe Algor WOULD but no one else, LOL)

Ive rambled on enough, heh.
grokon

Hehe :)

Message par grokon »

I always get in te wall on Forgetit when switching from the West part to Factory Part :)

So I think "Fuck ! I am stupid" ... but never "Fuck ! This is stupid" Especially when I know you had a hard time making it so nice :)

Thanks again LB :)

I should soon post ghosts on it ... but I have to find more time ... especially when I see Algor's 1.21 laps :( Hehe, he is really a challenging guy :)

DERF
megapolpod

Message par megapolpod »

and what is with pod3? can you play that under xp? where and who can i get that. i hate to play pod, because it only runs under 95 98 me. here a sample. i find a new track on internet, but before i play that i must do it on disk and down to the other pc. the other pc is very very slow. before i can play that new track i must install that. oh oh oh that isn't very well.

waiting for pod 3

8) megapolpod
Algor38

Message par Algor38 »

I imagine how it's easy to do this cut/paste of tracks...
grokon

Yes ..

Message par grokon »

juste take your scissors, a good glue, cut ... paste ... cut ... paste ;)

Even a child would do it ;)

Nah, just the image that represents the track just amazes me for the work it requires ... Nice job, I will never say it enough :)

DERF
Leadbest

Message par Leadbest »

Man...

This one is giving me a lot of trouble.

I was getting errors saying, "Polygon (some number) is neither a quadrilateral or a triangle".

When I checked that polygon, it was too a triangle, dammit. LOL

Again, I had to make edges visible to get rid of this error. This was in the Parking section, where the tubes end and extend outside the walls. Wierd.

Then I was getting an error on some vertex not within proper mapping coordinates, and when I checked it, YES IT WAS! Grrr... finally figured out I had to weld vertices while Unwrapping UVW. Apparently, this is not the same thing as welding vertices in vertice edit mode.

Im not liking this track very much, :x . SOB is giving me a headache.

Probably wont work on it much for a while. New job starts tomorrow, woohoo.
grokon

Hehe :)

Message par grokon »

Good luck for both jpbs then :) Hope you will enjoy it :)

DERF
Leadbest

Message par Leadbest »

Ok Algor, you can quit waiting.

http://www.angelfire.com/wa3/riffraff1/XPTracks.html

Anyone who dls this track, prepare yourself for an aggravating drive.

Read the txt if you want to.

I wont be working on any more tracks for a while, I need another break.
Skubidou
Administrateur

Message par Skubidou »

LB,

On your website, when you go on some pages (POD Mesh for example), the 'Main Page' link is bad. It tries to go to index.html instead of default.html

Thanks for the track, i will tried as soon as possible.

Skubidou:~
Rob

Wow...

Message par Rob »

Nice Job Leadbest this one looks really tough !!!

I'm looking forwartd to try it...still need to ghost Forgetit...and now this one...big job ;)

I'm trying to get Pod running on my computer but it seems that it's impossible with latest Nvidia Detonator...
Think I'll have to revert to the old 30.82 drivers once again...

But some new games don't work correctly with these...
DeltaFX

Message par DeltaFX »

Rob, i have 44.04 dets drivers for win98se & dx9 that work fine, d'you want them ?
Rob

mmm...

Message par Rob »

I'll try these ones, thx I can manage to find'em ;)
Algor38

Message par Algor38 »

eh eh LB :)

I'm going to test it !!!

Thx !!!!!! :)
DeltaFX

Message par DeltaFX »

I have them tweaked - for french langage only and Registry alighted, I can send them to you via ICQ or MSN :)

Or simply send the *.inf file :)
Algor38

Message par Algor38 »

Cool track, I love it !
But... I'm must work it :)

Skins with my 3dfx are not always good (no skin or not the good skin), but it's works, no problem for ghost !

Like do drive on it, I suppose it's a nightmare to create this type of track... no ?
Leadbest

Message par Leadbest »

Algor, Its not TOO hard to make the track, but making it work was a pain in the butt.

I might try and redo the textures again for 3DFX users, to get the image count below 20. Right now its at 25. That would be the only change, but its going to have to wait Im busy, LOL.

Skubi, I see where youre talking about. I have the web page up on 3 different sites, and different sections have files on each. I messed up on the main page link on a few. My ISP only allows 5MB of storage on my main site, so I am using Angelfire for the others. Someday I might find a better solution.

Rob, glad to see your interested. I was starting to worry about you bro. You dont miss Porkinet (spelled right?) that bad do you? LOL.
Rob

LMAO !!

Message par Rob »

:LOL:

Not THAT much but much anyway you don't know what it is to get yourself beaten by Grokon...uuuh....

It's really painful ! Nearly enough to make you hang off your wheel forever !

Nah seriously I'm really busy these times too and I don't have the "freak" stuff anymore with racing games since I have real important things to worry about...
It's not like if I was still student you know...

Well, I keep loving Pod and keep playing new stuffs, and as soon as I'll have a decent life rythm with a computer near of me....I'll try to kick some asses back ;)

No one's aimed...of course :quipoiv:

Ow...it's PorCinet !!! With a C like Crazy little pig...snif snif !! :snif:
Leadbest

Message par Leadbest »

Rob I completely understand. Look at me, I really havent even driven Pod unless I am making a track, and that isnt often enough. :(

I almost called this track "Algorob", but it was pissing me off too much to give it a nice name, LOL.
Freddy

Message par Freddy »

:ACDC: LB, Once again you have done an excellent job in "Cutting & Pasting" this track.

What I like the most is the texturing, especially on "SPECIAL" :gump:

:keskidi: Who should take the merit for that? Skubidou or you?

You have become great at doing this, I hope you reconsider and don't quit making more tracks. ;)

:rob: The POD community wants to keep enjoying your tracks.

PS.: I had a lack of textures in the "SPIN" section just like in Forgetit, I thought it was worth mentioning it :(
Leadbest

Message par Leadbest »

Thanks Freddy.

The retextured sections are cool. I might try this with the whole track, maybe get the image count down for you 3DFX guys. Might lose the nice look though.

Come to think of it, the Spin sections are the ones using the higher ID numbers on both tracks. You must be able to see the first 20 ok, and errors on the rest?
Hmmm...
Répondre