Track Medley

All about Sik's and others's incredible works
Leadbest

Message par Leadbest »

LOL.

Too late for Plant21 cut. I really did think about it, but I couldnt find a good place for it.

Ive been thinking about the Factory shortcut, and I have a question for all of you that will be racing Forgetit.

Do you want me to make the little "wedge wall" lower? This makes the shortcut work more often.

It will only make the ghost a bit easier, not necessarily faster.

I too have broken the Y key, and my finger is sore.

Im glad you hate it Skubidou, that was my intention, LOL. (Not you necessarily):)
Algor38

Message par Algor38 »

Good question ! I hate this stupid shortcut, but... no : it not satisfy me to make it easy by a modification of the original...
Leadbest

Message par Leadbest »

Good enough for me Algor, it will stay original.

Today I finally made it over the railing of the bridge with the Shark. You didnt tell me the whole screen goes black when youre in the air.

There is no visibility setting for the sector you are in when you pass over the railing. I cant believe I didnt notice this earlier. Grrrrrrrr. :evil:

Definitely going to fix this and re-release, and that will be the final release.

Any more problems better be posted soon, or Forgetit, LOL.
Algor38

Message par Algor38 »

Ooops, yes, I didn't tell that...
Because it's not very obstructing and I say to me : I don't see how you can fix that...
Freddy

Message par Freddy »

Leadbest a écrit :LOL.

Do you want me to make the little "wedge wall" lower? This makes the shortcut work more often.
8) I personally will like to see the Scut improved.

:keskidi: I'm wondering here if it is all possible to add "flashing light" to tracks like West and Factory just like in the originals. If it is too hard, they are just as good the way they are. :gump:
Leadbest

Message par Leadbest »

Freddy, I wont change the Factory shortcut, sorry, :)

The animated textures? I havent heard how that is done. Come to think of it, I havent asked.

It must be assigning more than one Texture ID to a polygon, then alternating them. When you look at the texture sets, the normal texture and the "light" texture are on different .tga, but in the same coordinates.

I was thinking about this while assigning new vertice weights on the track last night. The last release of Forgetit will look brighter, and dark shaded in the right spots.

Just so everybody knows, setting luminosity for each and every vertex is a pain in the ass. There are around 25,000 vertices in the track... :shock:
The original release, all vertices were set to 30, which is too dark. :oops: Setting them to 65 is about perfect for the open areas. In tunnels, it needs to gradually go down to about 30-45 to really look good.

So far i have spent about 4 hours and only have a couple of good looking areas. I would rather be hitting my head with a club, but I already started this and want to finish it. :P
Leadbest

Message par Leadbest »

BTW, Algor, nice ghosts already.

1:21 forward lap is a LOT faster than I can even dream of. :?
Algor38

Message par Algor38 »

I hope to do better if Rob (for example) incite me :)
Skubidou
Administrateur

Message par Skubidou »

Animated textures... I don't even know if Sik finally included it in the plugin.

He has created a external application to create the animated texture data block, like with animated gif... but i don't know if he has add the options to use it in the plugin.

Skubidou in 1'40":~
Répondre