Track Medley

All about Sik's and others's incredible works
Skubidou
Administrateur

Message par Skubidou »

No, Sorry, i still don't have tried to export params (wall, road, grip, ...). Perhaps in 2 years ;)

Sik, could you send me the table of correspondances you used in the plugin? If you have it...

Skubidou:~
Algor38

Message par Algor38 »

I suppose it's just a (or some) polygone which must be as wall, not as road...
Algor38

Message par Algor38 »

But don't worry Leadbest, it's possible to take your skyrace's scut. It's just a little bit different of the original... but it's the same fun !
Leadbest

Message par Leadbest »

Yes Algor, I had the same difficulty taking that SC, I thought it was just me. LOL

If I can figure out whats wrong, I will fix it.

When I look at it, it looks like its all supposed to be road. If I change them to wall, you cant drive down the normal way (the spiral road down).

This is confusing.
Freddy

Message par Freddy »

LB, Excellent job putting these tracks together :ACDC:

:roswell: Found just two things I think it needs fixing.

NORMAL:

:arrow: No textures on both side walls before entering the Magnetic Railgun.

:idea: Suggestion: How about some sort of cascading POD, like in Spin.

REVERSE

:arrow: No textures at the start point of the track and also on the floor of the small section of Magnetic, between Skyrace and Sewer.

:idea: Suggestion: How about painting a sign on the floor that reads "Slippery when wet" :gump:

;) Other than that, It is perfect. You keep putting together more tracks like this one and I just might stop going to "Great Adventure" or "Theme Parks". :trink:

Keep up the surprises :trink:
Leadbest

Message par Leadbest »

Hi Freddy.

I did some looking, but I cant find any missing textures anywhere.
It must be a problem with POD, this track uses 30 tga files. So far, using this many textures has been problematic. Maybe I should try to use about 20 instead but this will make the track ugly.

I took screenshots of the areas you talked about in 3DSMax. Here they are. When I looked in Pod, the textures were all there. If this isnt where you are talking about, please tell me.

Dernière modification par Leadbest le 24 oct. 2003 7:07, modifié 1 fois.
Leadbest

Message par Leadbest »

Algor, I think I fixed the Skyrace section.
I think you were right, there were some places I thought were supposed to be road. I changed them to wall, and its a lot better.

Download again, and let me know! :D :D :D

Sorry but I want this damned thing right, hehe.
grokon

Hehe ...

Message par grokon »

I tried it tonight ... damn, the most difficult is that when you are in a part of a well known track, you do not think it will suddenly change :) I have to say that when I enter the Sewer part, I always wonder where I am :)

After two laps, it gets better :)

Anyway, I don't know for you, but the Magnetic chute, I always go out on one of the sides. I mean I stay in the middle all the time, but when I exit, the engine always makes me appear on one of the left or right part of the exit ... strange, but it is not a big deal :)

I once went out of the track the very first time I entered the Mine part, but I guess it is just because you just kept the road part of the track, not the higher part of the walls nor the ceiling.

I also think the track lacks the Beach castle just after the Skyrace part ;)

Thanks for that great job

DERF
Algor38

Message par Algor38 »

Cool LB, I'm going to test it...

But... I have found an other little difference with Lake : the jump over the road at the end (not the big jump/scut) : I can't take it on the side (in order to do a little jump)...
Rob

Hehe Alg...

Message par Rob »

Already hardworking on this you are..... :rob:

:LOL:
Algor38

Message par Algor38 »

hardworking on Cube ?

:) :) :) :) :) :) :)
Leadbest

Message par Leadbest »

Hmm, Ok Ill look at that too.

I guess Ill take a very slow roll over the polygons, and see how they react to the car.

Ill let you know if I can find the difference, and if I can fix it.

So far I have released Forgetit 3 times, looks like maybe 4 now? LOL

Your first ghost already killed me. 1:29 lap?? Wow man thats 10 seconds faster than mine, LOL. I drive with a keyboard now though, my wheel is beyond repair. *sniff*
Algor38

Message par Algor38 »

I think that it's the side of the springboard which much not be as road ; but it's not very important...

For my ghost, I haven't really working it, we can do lot of seconds better than 1'29 by lap.

But I confirm : it's a really fun track !
(except THE scut I hate : factory.... :( )
Leadbest

Message par Leadbest »

I hate to make everyone download this thing so many times.

Before I release another fixed version, I want to make sure there are no more problems.

I have fixed the Lake part you talked about. But I found a problem with the area where West meets Factory. There is a missing poly on the right side, fixing this now.

I also have made a slight change to the entrance of Mine (Forward), just to make it easier to see. It will not be easier to enter. >:) There was a wrong wall there too that let you exit the track, that is now fixed.

Every once in a while, I see a missing texture, but it comes back on the next time I run the track. Im stumped by this, I dont know why its doing it.

That Factory shortcut seems to be working less often than it used to? Im not sure how to go about this one? Oh well, I debated with myself about using this section, maybe I should have left it out.

The hard thing is having to drive around the tracks bumping into everything to see how the car behaves, then trying to remember exactly which polygons to change on my track. This is the most time consuming thing, because Max only runs in XP and Pod only runs in 98, GRRRR.

Ill let you all know if another version is uploaded.
Skubidou
Administrateur

Message par Skubidou »

Hehe, buy another computer, one for Pod, one for Max ;)

If you want really correct each bug, good luck, but i think even if this is a medley of other tracks, having some changes like the possibility to take the upper way in skyrace before the finish line is not bad, and even if taking the 180° from skyrace is different, i think this is better...

For perfection, when you enter the factory section, you have 'two' way, with a wall between them. There, there is a vertical polygon which is completely bruin. It doesn't need to be textured, but put as invisible. When i extracted tracks, all invisible polygons in Pod, i have given them texture ID 0 and someting like 0,0=>0.1,0.1 for UVW, to avoid bug with an untextured polygon.

grokon

Well

Message par grokon »

About the Factory cut, I never missed it using Homard. I have to say that on the real track it was easier with Shark/Homard than with Fuego ... maybe you are testing with Fuego ?

DERF
Leadbest

Message par Leadbest »

Yes I use Fuego. I cant really control the Shark with keys LOL.
Skubidou
Administrateur

Message par Skubidou »

Hehe LB,

Shark with keyboard is not really difficult. As i don't have any wheel left, and as with the shivan, i lost 30sec/lap, i've decided to learn shark...with keyboard. And using 100,0,90,10,100 seems to be OK for this configuration. I just have some problems with S (when you need to left, and directly go right after) where shark is sleepering from behind, and need to reduce acceleration (simply not accelerate, in free wheel) for some 180°, but rest of the time, the configuration works fine :D

Algor38

Message par Algor38 »

Grokon, I don't understand why you never miss this scut with the shark.
For me it's as a wall once time on two... (and unfortunaly Forgetit is exactly like Factory :) )
For me it's not predictable, I hate that ! (same speed+same angle+same place = differents results)

Because of this stupid scut, I must ghost and re-ghost until the chance come for succeed 3 times this scuts...
Skubidou
Administrateur

Message par Skubidou »

Arghhhh

I hate factory scut, i hate Lake bridge scut, i hate sewer when you don't know where you are, i hate this little tunnel bruin and yellow, so difficult to enter and where the camera stay out of it if you are in outside view, I HATE FORGETIT ;)

But i've got a 1'45 while taking the walls more than 100 times/lap :D

LB, you track are not made of special nightmare (like said before), but putting them togheter has become a real nightmare ;) Nice Job :D I admit it's the first time i try to take the skyrace scut, the factory scut, the lake scut with shark and keyboard, .... so, taking all theses scuts in one track, the 'Y' key is already broken ;)

Usually, i play pod more for fun than for race, and not taking this scuts, i left 5-10sec on Rob/lap, but with all theses scuts in one track, not taking them, i lose 30sec/lap :cry: So i need to take them...

To be complete, the track should contain the plant21 scut...

Répondre