Impossible to open bl4exp.evt

All about Sik's and others's incredible works
Répondre
megapolpod

Impossible to open bl4exp.evt

Message par megapolpod »

I have a problem! I downloaded myself export plugin and would like gladly a test export to make it come nevertheless always the message "error in the Plugin" if I the error log open stand there always "not possibly to open for bl4exp.evt"

I need your assistance

:( megapolpod
[/img]
Skubidou
Administrateur

Message par Skubidou »

Do you have copied the 3 files at the correct place?

The zip file contain 3 files located in 2 directories. You have to respect the directory structure when extracting the zip file in the Max directory...

bl4exp.evt and bl4exp.ia need to be put in the plugcfg directory of Max
bl4exp.dle need to be placed in the plugins directory of Max

Skubidou:~
megapolpod

Message par megapolpod »

hi,

sorry that i can't answer you since last week, my internet didnt go. i have now copy the 2 files into the plugcf dir. i goes know, but i have one question. can i do in my tracks magnetoscops (magnetic)

thank you for the information

megapolpod :D
megapolpod

Message par megapolpod »

hi,

sorry that i can't answer you since last week, my internet didnt go. i have now copy the 2 files into the plugcf dir. i goes know, but i have one question. can i do in my tracks magnetoscops (magnetic)

megapolpod

help

Message par megapolpod »

hi,

Leadbest

Message par Leadbest »

If I understand you correctly, you are asking if you can use the "accelerator" from Magnetic?

If so, yes.

You have to assign the polygons smooth group 9 to make them walls, then your accelerator will work.

Just look at the track to see how its built.
megapolpod

help

Message par megapolpod »

hi,

can you explain me that better. i am understanding only spanish! :shock:

please

megapolpod
Leadbest

Message par Leadbest »

Ok I will try.

The magnetoscop from Magnetic is made of lots of polygons close together, like this.

>car going this way>>>||||||||||||||||| <visible side of walls

Each polygon must be given Smoothgroup 9. This makes it act like a wall.
When the car goes through the polygons, the car gets pulled through fast.

Then give them Smoothgroup 11 to make them invisible.

See picture, hope this helps. I selected some of the polygons (red) to show the smoothgroups.

Skubidou
Administrateur

Message par Skubidou »

Don't forget to put the last polygon (the upper one) as road and not wall, or you will vibrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrate :bong: continously on it and won't be able to continue the road ;)

Leadbest

Message par Leadbest »

Really?

It seems to be working on my track just fine, and they all are set as wall polygons.

I see how this could happen, if the last polygon was horizontal like a road surface. The magnetic accelerators are all vertical polygons at the end and you exit onto the real road, or into the air. :)
Skubidou
Administrateur

Message par Skubidou »

I don't have look specially to accelerator, but when you take an horizontal polygon (really horizontal) and you apply it the 'wall' param, when you run on it, you vibrate like if you were runing on a really bad destructed road and it looks fine to use (Hal tried it on Enneade, but i was blocked several times), but when you stop on it, or run too slow, vibrating will 'erase' all grip, and you are blocked on the polygon...

If you are sure that when you are out of the accelerator, you are 'throw away' from it and fall on a real road polygon, there should be no problems, but if the car could stay on the last polygon, i'm not completely sure, but you should have some probs.

Leadbest

Message par Leadbest »

Yeah I see what you mean. I just tried it on the elevator for Parking Reverse. When you come out on top your stuck shaking like hell, LOL.

The ones in Magnetic are just like driving through a wall from the wrong side. You just pop through. Even if you just barely touch the accelerator, it picks you up and sends you through.

This is good information to know for the next track, Hehehe.
Skubidou
Administrateur

Message par Skubidou »

Who wanted to make a new Fallen? You take fallen, and you add horizontal 'wall' on both sides on the track... Now if you quit the road, you not only lose time, but you lose the race ;)

megapolpod

Message par megapolpod »

hi,

thanks for the help i will try that. i have a 2nd problem to. i don't understand the texturation of the track. i have do something to texturate it. but i don't able to texturate a track. vortex write my i should like this.

1. edit mesh
2. click faces
3. select polygones which you want texturate
4. uvw map
5. fit to selection
6. unwrap uvw
7. the same from 1

i have to do all this, but i don't goes. i have bought a book to learn the basics, but uvw isn't good explaint.

i have the "german" editon of 3dsmax5.

can you send me please more pictures to texturate a track

i need your help really

please

:? megapolpod
Répondre