New Track: Everest

All about Sik's and others's incredible works
Skubidou
Administrateur

Message par Skubidou »

Vortex, I looked at your track in Autocad and something seems curious. For all tunnel wayout, you have very details polygons, but for all except the one that crash, the details polygons are incorporated in the big polygones for the mountains. Except for the first one, where a lot of the polygons are in the same sector, but not 'integrated'. I don't know if the problem come from there, but it's curious...

Red polygons are not integrated in the rest of the montain polygons

Skubidou:~
Vortex

Message par Vortex »

GUILTY! :GO:

I initially made a HUGE mistake at that first entrance by deleting too many of the tesselated polygons and thereby making the mountain partially transparent where it wasn't supposed to be. Unfortunately I had already saved the file and done other operations before I noticed that and therefore I couldn't UNDO it. So, to patch the hole, I simply placed a plane 'into' the hole and recreated the hole correctly, but in the new plane. It worked, so I didn't ask myself further questions ;-)
I'm sure there are easier and cleaner methods of fixing the problem I had, but as I've said before, I'm rather unexperienced with Max. I'm actually just now starting to unterstand all it's functions.
Vortex

Message par Vortex »

But that wouldn't explain why it only crashes when I drive the track for the first time. It would have to crash constantly, wouldn't it?
Skubidou
Administrateur

Message par Skubidou »

Crash only the first time? It crashed also for me, but i don't remember if it was just after CDPatching the track. I don't know if the 'bug' show above is the reason, but it is the only thing curious i found at this place...

It's perhaps something to do with track ID, or a bug somewhere else in the BL4 created by the plugin, not un bug in the plugin, but a bug due to the fact that we don't create every part specially for the track design (an IA error because the cars hit the wall, ...)

Skubidou:~
Freddy

Message par Freddy »

:D Salut Vortex:

:rob: I tried the Everest track, done very nicely. :trink:

Just for the record: It did not crash on me at all. I like the colors you chose for the track floor, the same as POD's settings box.

:keskidi: I am thinking that you used those colors to keep up with the POD theme, but I may be wrong about that.

On the other hand, Natura textures left me "crosseyed" :crazy:

I might have to go see an eye doctor soon :roswell:
Vortex

Message par Vortex »

lol, yeah, Natura is kinda crazy. Look at it for what it is: the first track released by someone who hates (not anymore really, I actually like it, hehe) 3ds Max.
I put a lot more effort into Everest, plus the modeling was a lot better than in Natura and therefore there weren't so many texture bugs.
Oh yeah, and honestly, if there is any connection between the textures and the pod theme, then it's highly coincidental ;-)
Répondre