New Track: Natura

All about Sik's and others's incredible works
Répondre
Vortex

New Track: Natura

Message par Vortex »

And here it is. My first completed cd-patchable Track! Why the name change? Well 'Sidewinder' turned out to be TOO long for Pod (more than 8 characters). So now the final name is 'Natura'.

To download the track and sources, just hop over to:

Dev@Vortex

Readme File (Please read)

NOTE: If you plan on downloading the sources, beware the filesize. The RAR file is only 5 MB, but the extracted data is more like 60 MB.

Enjoy - Vortex
Dernière modification par Vortex le 23 sept. 2003 18:16, modifié 1 fois.
Rob

Yeah !!!

Message par Rob »

Cool Vortex ! I'll try it as soon as I'll hang my wheel on again to play Pod a little bit...

I looked at it in the Bl4 Viewer and it don't looks bad at all ! Driving this should be very interesting !
Nice curves and original design !

It remember me Forest a little...

Though I think you should try Hal's method...don't hurry to release a track and work on it to make it look exactly like "The track of your dream" or " A track that touch you"...

Anyway don't try my method....which is : "Make a track definitly too hard to make and take way tooooo much time to do it :LOL:"

Nice job though really ! You're damn fast mate !

Ok j'en ai marre d'essayer de parler lingelish avec 10 choppes dans la caboche alors je me calme :casse:
Leadbest

Message par Leadbest »

Really nice track Vortex. Its really strange having so much new stuff after 6 years.

Take Robs advice; take your time. I worked on my track until I thought it was perfect, and then Rob smoked my ghost first day. BASTARD!!! LOL
Vortex

Message par Vortex »

Hehe, yeah, I've already taken a lot longer on 'Everest'. Thanks to Skubi's beta-testing I was also able to fix most glitches. So that might be released within the next few days.
Swift

Message par Swift »

Is anyone working on a update of Sky? I always thought it would be cool to add some mountain tops and some haze(clouds) to parts of the track as well as make it look more "bridge" like.

Swift

edit: I meant Fallen not Skyrace
Dernière modification par Swift le 23 sept. 2003 23:32, modifié 1 fois.
Leadbest

Message par Leadbest »

Actually I dont think anyone intends on tweaking the original tracks bro.

I believe the integrity of our community speaks for itself, but nobody wants to see "altered" versions being made and ghosted on. I think enhancements like you want would be cool though.
Rob

Yeah...

Message par Rob »

With current machines we could greatly improve most of the Pod tracks...

Nuke with 17000 polys instead of 5000 would be really nicer but heh....this is a hard job....

Personally I prefer brand new tracks than old ones even if they're updated...
Siklist

Message par Siklist »

un petit cube...
Vortex

Message par Vortex »

:LOL:
Swift

Message par Swift »

Sorry guys I meant Fallen not Skyrace.

Thing is Fallen has no background, nothing but the track. I personally feel it is an uncompleted track. As long as the Fallen track itself is not altered and all that is done is to "pretty it up", then what have you really changed? It is the same track, just with some eye candy. Ghost should not be affected by the addition of something to look at should it?
Skubidou
Administrateur

Message par Skubidou »

Fallen is an uncompleted track in the fact it is a beta, or even an alpha, of new track style. But the final version (if the project would not have stop), would not have contain anything else.

Ubisoft tried to see if we were more interrested by the track beauty, or the track layout. They wanted to reduce the time needed to create new tracks, to be able to continue to give us 1 track/week, without continuing to put several designer at work...

Skubidou:~
Swift

Message par Swift »

Then would adding a background to the track violate the "originality" of the track since it is considered "incomplete"?

I just think it would be cool to see the track winding between mountain tops and "clouds", as long as the track maintains it's orginal form.
Répondre