bl4 format?

News from IO
Répondre
BandietoSkubi

bl4 format?

Message par BandietoSkubi »

Hi,

i and Bandie are really interrested in bl4 files and we found out, that the files have allways the same structure.

I don't find it nice that there is not a sdk of pod, then it would be easier. But think about skubi and sik, they have to made this job in 7 years. But some hints of the 3d modell arent badly, because the format is really difficult

regrads

Bandie and Skubishou
Rob

Hey...

Message par Rob »

If this isn't our dear Megapolpod striking back again...my name's Greg ! :quipoiv:
grokon

Message par grokon »

No, I am Greg Rokon !
Grouiiiiiiiiiikkkkkkkkkkkkkk !

PS : I have found that the POD tracks are always the same, if you do two laps, the track does not change, I am very interested in having the maps of the tracks ... Isn't there already someone who manually drew the maps ?
DeltaFX

Message par DeltaFX »

That's weird. I also noticed noises from track always come from the same spot, birds always fly along the sames pathes... In fact, nothing seems to change.... Looks like pod is a forsaken part of a .... well.. some kind of meta-world.... a matrix like thingy.

Just like if it was nothing more than a video game :pfioouuuu:
BandietoSkubi

Yes, you have right, its always the same, but how and where is the information in the file, how the birds are flying or where are the animated textures.

its really difficult

bandie and skubishou :cry: :cry: :cry:
Leadbest

Message par Leadbest »

Joo art thou moronopod?

I foundeth by renameth myself, I twas not longer anymorth stoopid!! Yay!!
Siklist

Message par Siklist »

Well birds emigrate in Autumn, flying to the South. So they probably gathered at the end of the file no ?
As for animated textures, I happened to meet one yesterday but forgot to ask where it was living... my bad

moronopod rofl LB :casse:
Rob

Not so sure...

Message par Rob »

As our dear Freddy would say...we could PonDer that matter for a while without coming up with any valuable and statisfying explanation !

Well...let's try it anyway !
Moronallpod, you're right when you say that the hints of the 3d models are difficults ! After all, if hinting was so easy, the birds would be safe into their lil'nest around the core of the bl4 file !
So they wouldn't be forced to leave their lil'comfortable places each time a hinter come to throw bullets at them !
I think that forbidding the hint around the 3D models is an acceptable solution to our first problem. It would definitely decrease the number of 3D models's migrations to other file sections.
But we can't do that without considering the sequels of our act. If we forbid the hinting, loads of stoopid hinters will come around and ask for a compensation. I'm sure you're starting to understand my point !

That's were Megamythod enters his role ! All yeh'll have to do is talking to the hinter for seven years. Don't worry, just keep doing as you ever did around here ! It's just perfect ! Hinters are really wide openned people and, for sure they'll be pleased to discuss such an interesting matter with you !
Talk about the hint, the birds, the immigration and such things...you'll be great I'm sure !

Now...I was just Pondering... :casse:

Lmao LB, glad to see that some things are the same all over the world :mrgreen:
Vortex

Message par Vortex »

huh?!? :shock: :my name is Siklist:
grokon

Message par grokon »

Buhuhahaha !
You know Leadbest, I did the oppsite :) I renamed myself in "Big Dumb" ... so maybe I was wrong ... gonna rename Clever or something :)

Oiiiiinnnnnnnkkkkkkkkk !
Skubidou
Administrateur

Re: bl4 format?

Message par Skubidou »

BandietoSkubi a écrit :I don't find it nice that there is not a sdk of pod, then it would be easier.
support@ubisoft.com

Who knows...... :P

Skubidou:~
BandietoSkubi

Skubidou a écrit :
BandietoSkubi a écrit :I don't find it nice that there is not a sdk of pod, then it would be easier.
support@ubisoft.com

Who knows...... :P

Ok, the 3d is built up to be a binary file. that knows, that all datas who are in the file are in hex. But how can i found out, how many textures are used in the file :roll:

regrads

bandie and skubishou
Skubidou
Administrateur

Message par Skubidou »

Heu, 2 Dword before the first texture description if i remember well :roll:
BandietoSkubi a écrit :But think about skubi and sik, they have to made this job in 7 years.
We made this in 2 years (after 5 years of nothing but play), and it's already enough.....

BandietoSkubi

Hey,

thats great, thank you for the infos. With this information i can find the next block in the file, the 3d modell. Ok, to export the textures is not difficult, but to export the 3d modell with uvw maps is very difficult. I dont know how can i find points of the normaly 3d modell and of the uvw maps.

I thougt, that would be Dwords too, but then i thinkt that there can be points with -2900, and how to write this info in the file?

That is a secret for me

Bandie and Skubishou :?
DeltaFX

Message par DeltaFX »

Leadbest a écrit :Joo art thou moronopod?

I foundeth by renameth myself, I twas not longer anymorth stoopid!! Yay!!
uho... ehrrr

Arrrrrrrrrrrh, this is just another never ending Pirate's Day.

Arrr arrr, Time to splice the mainbrace :trink:
NicoDE

Message par NicoDE »

BandietoSkubi a écrit :But how can i found out, how many textures are used in the file :roll:
Well, PodPaint comes with source code :roll:
Répondre