New POD page online

News from IO
Répondre
Invité

New POD page online

Message par Invité »

I finally managed to make POD playable with my Geforce4 Ti4200 under Windows XP! Since POD is one of my favourite games, I decided to put some information about it on my homepage. You can visit my website under this URL:

http://home.t-online.de/home/hbredel/PO ... glish.html

Any comments?
Rob

Yeah...

Message par Rob »

Nice work really !
But something's missing :)

You've gor the textures, but you don't have the GS2 pach installed...
I wonder if the game run well without that ! I've never though of the Vsync trick to slow it down...
We'll have to test this !

Nice work thx !!
Invité

Re: Yeah...

Message par Invité »

Rob a écrit :You've gor the textures, but you don't have the GS2 pach installed...
I wonder if the game run well without that ! I've never though of the Vsync trick to slow it down...
Thank you Rob for your comment!

Because I never played POD online so far, I left out the GS2 patch on my POD page. As a result of your answer, I updated my page with some comments about this patch.

By the way, do you know a way, to play POD against others via Internet? Is there a good server?
Dfg

wow

Message par Dfg »

looks like you are the first to manage to use a glide wrapper to play pod ....

I'm impressed ! (Even if I didn't try myself, not having XP)

This would mean that people could be able to play pod again ; that's quite something ...

Good !!

(BTW Mr Guest, you may register so that we can see your nickname rather than "guest")

Dfg
grokon

Re: Yeah...

Message par grokon »

Anonymous a écrit :By the way, do you know a way, to play POD against others via Internet? Is there a good server?
Dear Guest ;)

Well, that looks pretty impressive. I guess we will try it next Week in La Baule :)

About network games ... well, only the IP mode remains, there is no more Game Service from UBI :( Too bad :(
Invité

Re: wow

Message par Invité »

Dfg a écrit :l (BTW Mr Guest, you may register so that we can see your nickname rather than "guest")
Hello Dfg,

before I wrote my first post on this board, I tried two times to register. But the server responded with an error.
grokon

Message par grokon »

Hehe, I think admins do not read their emails so often ...
Invité

Message par Invité »

Just updated my POD page with new informations. It's worth to have a look at it!

By the way, I tried to register again, but the server responded again with an error. :?:
Invité

Message par Invité »

Dege, the author of dgVoodoo, just released a new version of his glide wrapper. The version 1.30c has some improvements, e.g. the cars in POD have textures now and the game is playable in Windows 98, too. He put also a Pentium 4 patch for POD on his website. Try it at your own risk ;)

http://dege.freeweb.hu/

Greetings,
Holger
Razil44

Message par Razil44 »

Hey, super

the P4 Pod Patch, works, i can play pod on my ne PC :P

Thank you for your good hints.

Razil44
noirdemars

Message par noirdemars »

Thanks "invité"!
If this tool really allows us to play POD with a P4 (I haven't tested it yet) it's incredible.THANKS!
Invité

Message par Invité »

Can anyone get the P4 patch to work? When I apply it (to Pod2.0+3Dfx patch, using that new wrapper...) I get the Ubisoft logo and then the game quits. Without it (or with any more patches added, like the GS patch or the force feedback patch) Pod of course does nothing... so it does more, but I'd like to be able to get past the first Ubi logo. :)

... and once I do that I'll have to figure out this wrapper.
Razil44

Message par Razil44 »

Jes, i get it to work, i make it how you say it on your homepage. I install it with the podx3dfx.exe, then i make the update from your homepage. Then i use the patch. When i start it now, i see first the logo, then the mmx-logo and then the start-movie. After that all i am comming in the Main Menu

Razil44 :P :D
Invité

Message par Invité »

Razil44 a écrit :Jes, i get it to work, i make it how you say it on your homepage. I install it with the podx3dfx.exe, then i make the update from your homepage.
Hello Razil44,

I'm not the "Invité" who didn't manage to get the P4 patch to work. As I wrote on my homepage, I've got a Celeron 1300, not a Pentium 4. But anyway, it's good to hear that the P4 patch works for you. :)

It may be quite interesting, on which processor/graphic card combinations the P4 patch works and on which not. Maybe you could post the type of your P4 processor and the graphic card.

Regards,
Holger
Razil44

Message par Razil44 »

Hi,

here is my configuration:

NVIDIA GeForce3 Ti200
Intel Pentium Prozessor 4

It works perfectly. Thats real cool. But i don't get the Lens-Flare on the Tracks, i don't know why

Razil44 :P ;) :LOL: :teuf: :unefois: :disco: :wc danger: :pom pom:
Valis

Message par Valis »

i cant get to your page,is it still up??
grokon

Message par grokon »

Valis, it is up, but you need to be very patient to get ir (1 - 2 houres for me ...)
Valis

Message par Valis »

great! everything i need to know is there,this dude is something else!!!
Invité

Message par Invité »

Should have put a name on the post... I tried to sign up with the forum but can't get it to work...
Can anyone get the P4 patch to work? When I apply it (to Pod2.0+3Dfx patch, using that new wrapper...) I get the Ubisoft logo and then the game quits. Without it (or with any more patches added, like the GS patch or the force feedback patch) Pod of course does nothing... so it does more, but I'd like to be able to get past the first Ubi logo. Sourire

... and once I do that I'll have to figure out this wrapper.
Anyway, this is A Black Falcon.
Shennbop

Message par Shennbop »

I tried the patch with POD gold and it works great - the d3d version that is.

Problem is that Pod gold's version is different in size from the 3Dfx version of the P4-patch so I can't patch the 3dfx version...

I have POD extended time but it won't let me update... any sugestions?
Répondre